Supply Chain Programme:
Our view of the future: The concept and idea of transforming ageing traditional industrial areas, into enabling structures in the format of Eco-Industrial Parks is attractive to us, and we wanted to be part of this process. Recognising the importance of resource management, the maintenance of the natural environment, and the need for collaborative action to change the outlook for industrial growth and stability, we thought it important for industry to become better informed, and to get involved. Our decision resulted in a loose collaboration with local and national government, and governmental agencies focused on Wadeville Industrial Area, in Ekurhuleni as a pilot. Our role was to mobilise and organise industry to provide industrial insights, to learn more about future plans for industrial parks, and to accumulate knowledge that would inform industry decisions and involvement going forward. This experience has served to better inform us, and to confirm our interest in the revitalisation of industrial areas. On the strength of this experience, we launched our RSA Clusters Industrial Parks Programme for industry, based on UNIDO best practices, and examples of what successful industrial parks are doing globally.
Our agenda: To help industry to form collaborative partnerships with local municipalities.
Our mission: To mobilise industry into action, to provide structures, mechanisms and tools to enable a unified industry engagement.
- To provide central leadership for the industry efforts
- To engage the local municipalities in The City of Ekurhuleni, in Gauteng, and the District of Nkangala, in Mpumalanga, on all matters relating to specific is to transform traditional industrial areas To stabilise and mobilise industry in traditional industrial parks, to work with local governments, and to coordinate their participation in planning and implementation of priority projects to revitalise their areas.
- Revitalisation, that will plan, coordinate and manage transformation of our industrial parks better.
- Eco-friendly coordinate activities, their participation in planning and implementation of priority projects to revitalise their areas.
- Business retention and expansion.
- Stakeholder representation
- Local economic development
- To stabilise and improve the places where manufacturing takes place, to build relationships with local government, and to mobilise industry in traditional industrial parks, to work with local governments, and to coordinate their participation in planning and implementation of priority projects to revitalise their areas.